Sunday, December 14, 2008

What can I offer?

One thing I've been trying to think of is a small gift to take N in the hospital. OBVIOUSLY nothing I can give her can be enough for the gift she's giving us. But I do want her to know we're thinking about her and how special we think she is.

I want to give her a necklace with Colt's initials, but for legal reasons I can't do that until after her rights have been relinquished in court. So I got the idea for a Build-a-Bear for our hospital gift. John and I went to make the bear (complete with a heart we kissed and loved stuffed inside) and we made an identical one for Colt. This way, when she goes home she'll know that Colt will always be looking at the same bear she has.

I hope it's special to her. They are already great friends, as you can see. I hope it shows her we are serious about honoring her and Colt's relationship for the rest of his life. And I hope when she looks at this special bear, she'll know Colt is thinking about her.




8 comments:

Dana said...

That is so thoughtful! I'm sure it will mean a great deal to her.

Becky said...

Awesome idea!!!
We couldn't give any gifts until the finalization after 6 months.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! And how special for her and Colt both.

Bri said...

I love it! I think it is the best idea that I have heard of for BM gifts! I am going to steal it! Also, the nursery looks great and full!

ChandraJoy said...

I think that is a beautiful idea!

MtnGirl said...

What a wonderful idea! I check your blog daily! And I'm praying for Colt to "come on!!!!"

happymomof4 said...

That is a wonderful idea!!! I am sure that she will love it and it is so thoughtful and from the heart.

hope548 said...

I think that is a perfect gift for N and I'm hoping things progress soon so you can meet Colt!