Tuesday, December 16, 2008

We're Having a Baby Today!

We're having a baby today!

The roads are pretty bad, but not terrible. We're waiting until around 3:00 (2 1/2 hours from now) to head out with T, our caseworker. Then it's a 2-hour (maybe more with the ice) drive to the hospital. Where likely Colt will be waiting on us!

N was dilated to a 6, had an epidural, and the doctor was coming in to break her water when we last talked to her. That's right...I got to talk to her on the phone. She sounds so nice. She even told me "oh, you sound so sweet"! She wants us to call on our way so she knows when to expect us, and she told us to drive safely. She also checked to make sure I knew how to get to the hospital!

Her dad, sister, grandma and three best friends are there with her.

We're having a baby today. I'll keep you posted as much as I can! Ongoing status updates will be on Facebook, so feel free to follow me there. Either Liz or I will update here as soon as we know more.

Pray for safe travels, safe delivery, and ease and comfort for N. We're having a baby!!!!

6 comments:

happymomof4 said...

OOOHHHH!!! How exciting! I cannot wait to hear the wonderful news. I hope that you all have a safe trip to the hospital and all goes well. You all are in our thoughts and prayers:) God Bless

Becky said...

Wow!! So excited for you!!!!!
Hope you can post soon as I don't follow Facebook......I'm behind!
I guess I didn't realize that you hadn't ever even talked to the bmom!!?!
Praying all goes well!!!

Language Arts Lady said...

Hooray! I hope that everything goes well, and you get to hold Colt soon! I will be praying that it all goes smoothly.

Anonymous said...

Oooo! I'm so excited for you! Congrats, mama! :) I'm adding you to facebook, though it probably won't do me much good today. ;) Have a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHHHHHHH!

I hope everything is going SO smoothly!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Best wishes!