Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The day before

So, I'm officially on maternity leave. Spending today getting ready for tomorrow. I keep getting a little emotional so I'm cleaning! And taking conference calls at work because, well, that's how it works! Until he gets here...I'm available!

We should hear tonight about the times for tomorrow. Not sure what time N is checking in for the induction, also not sure about what time we'll head out there. I will update you guys as soon as possible.

I would like to reflective and insightful and painfully honest in how I'm feeling but I'm really just operating under "need to clean, pack, shop, decorate Christmas tree" mode. All I can do is get ready. I'm thinking I'll go get my eyebrows waxed as I may not have a chance in the next few weeks and those puppies...they've got to be tamed.

More to come. Your e-mails, comments, Facebook messages, calls, thoughts, and prayers mean more than you can imagine. They are giving us strength and comfort during this crazy time. Thank you so much!

8 comments:

Lori said...

I'm so happy for you both. :-)

Anonymous said...

So excited! Good luck keeping yourself busy! :)

Melanie said...

Yes, keep us updated! Can't wait to meet Colt!

Melba said...

Oh wow, so excited and full of hope for you! I cannot even imagine being in your shoes right now but I know you'll do great! I can't wait to "meet" your precious boy!

Melba

Anonymous said...

'All I can do is get ready.'

And that, I think, is all any of us can do (and I see great meaning and depth in that statement as I write a reflection for an Advent blog I'm participating in!!).

I am so excited for you and cannot wait to meet your son. You are so much in my thoughts and prayers.

Dana said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see pictures!

Our Growing Family said...

Best of luck to you and your newest little one. You all are in my prayers.

aimee said...

Oh Jess... He's coming!!! I am so excited and I must admit, emotional for both of you! I will be on my knees in prayer for you, John, N, and lil Colt all day. Remember, the Lord has been planning this day from the beginning. Nothing will take Him by suprise, or is out of His control. Cling to Him. We love you and can't wait to meet your son!
blessings,
aimee