Most recent update on N: she is dilated to a 2, has been for the last week or so. Lots of pressure, lots of discomfort, she's ready for it to be over. The baby is measuring about 7 pounds...average size for an above-average boy! More phone calls made to locate the birth father, still no luck. But we're plugging right along and getting ready for Thursday.
We've had a great week, lots of family, food, and football. My dad and stepmother are in town and we spent some time with that side of the family. Then were fortunate to make the rounds at Thanksgiving: first to my mom's and then to John's parents. Have I mentioned how much I love having everyone here in town?!
We're finishing up buying the last few stragglers off our registries. We did make it out for Black Friday shopping, 4th in line at Target this morning and got quite a bit of Christmas shopping done! We're not crazy shoppers, we just happened to be up. Yes, it's true, we were lying in bed awake at 3:00 this morning and decided "what the heck, let's go shopping".
I've had a horrible cold that arrived on Monday evening. Lost my voice and all. The last two nights the congestion in my head has been so bad that it's given me migraines and caused me not to breathe so I've slept a grand total of 4 hours in the last two nights. While it might seem that I'm just getting prepared for the life beginning next week, I don't appreciate the timing. I would like to have a few nights of GOOD sleep before I never sleep again, you know?
Anyway, we're about to head to dinner and then I'm hopefully going to get some good sleep tonight! Cross your fingers...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hope you are feeling better and able to rest...while you can!! It would be miserable to get baby with a cold!!! Hope he comes soon!
So, so close - I keep checking for updates :)
Post a Comment