It has come to my attention that I've been a very, very bad blogger. Trust me, if I had anything new to share in regards to the baby I would certainly have tuned in to share. I'm expecting a call this morning with an update, so will probably post again after I get that call.
However, I wanted to sit down this morning and write my excuses for y'all. The reasons I haven't written (or even kept up with reading everyone else's blogs...I'm over 100 new blogs behind on Bloglines!):
1) We moved offices at work, so any break time where normally I could post was spent packing boxes and then unpacking to find things like staplers. But I'm here! And unpacked! Love the new space!
2) SHOWERS. Not just my showers (though I've had two since we last chatted) but also one of my BFF's showers. Baby showers are complete and I owe you some awesome photos and gushing about them. I'm so blessed...and Liz's shower was awesome, too! I would post about that, but seeing as how I'm so behind please visit her recap here. Showers are hard work!
3) Unpacking presents, doing laundry, and sniffing Dreft. Dreft is intoxicating, people. It smells like babies. I could just sit in the laundry room and sniff it all day. For real...it's amazing.
4) Decorating for Christmas. If I don't start now, I doubt it will get done after Thanksgiving. You know, having a tiny baby in our house and all!
5) Watching football and preparing for my second Christmas dream: Colt's first OU game being the Big 12 Championship on 12/6 and then watching them beat the heck out of an SEC team in the Orange Bowl National Championship! Hey, if you can't ask for it all, why even ask right?
6) My mom's birthday is coming up! Dinner and present shopping ensues.
7) Putting together the glider and ottoman that hubby drove to Missouri to pick up.
8) Getting pedicures with forever BFF Melissa and catching up with her.
9) Book club meeting, Bunko night, dinner with friends, and general everyday craziness.
10) Trying to sleep as much as possible. It pretty much means I don't turn on the computer when I'm home at night, and it's been extra hard since we put together the Pack n Play in our room in preparation for Colt's homecoming and we keep having to train our cat Faith not to jump in it. Which is hard when it's three in the morning and you can hear her jump in there and you yell and clap and finally have to get up and throw her out. Training I guess....
11) Actually working! Not that it's a new thing, but I'm working extra hard to get everything finished up before I head out for 2 months. That's been pretty crazy and I've still got a long way to go.
12) Thank You notes. Hundreds of presents means hundreds of thank you notes. 'Nuff said.
13) Avoiding packing our hospital bag. I don't know why, I've just been avoiding it.
14) CLEANING. Some call it nesting, I call it my OCD. The house needed a deep clean. The Dyson has helped.
15) My dad is coming in town this week, so I'll probably have limited time to blog in the evenings this week, too.
And probably a million more reasons. It's no excuse, but I hope to get it all done soon. To ease your mind, I have set up a friend to blog for me once we get the call and head to the hospital. Just in case we don't have wireless there. It's a small town hospital about 2.5 hours from us, so you never know. But she will update as soon as we head that way.
Also, you can keep up with me on Facebook or Twitter, which I can update by phone. My Twitter name is jandj621, and you can hunt me on Facebook by my name or the e-mail address on the sidebar of this blog. I'd love you to friend me!
More updates, photos, ramblings coming soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
#10 Try laying sheets of aluminum foil in the pack n play where Faith is jumping. Cats supposedly hate foil and I've heard from others that it works to keep them out of the crib before baby comes home. Worth a try I guess. My luck, Enid would love foil and start eating or licking it constantly.
(sigh) What are we gonna do with our feline babies? We're fixing to rock their worlds!
Our entire nursery is covered in foil - it's on the changing pad, in the crib and ALL around the glider, as well as in the seat of the glider. Our cats hate it - it's worth a try!
Post a Comment