I had been planning a post titled "my week in pictures". And I will, it just takes a long time to post pictures on blogger! It has been one crazy week, now topped off with John becoming VERY sick and as I sit here at work I'm torn between wanting to rush home and take care of him and wanting to drive 50 miles away and sterilize a hotel to spend the next couple of days so that I don't get sick.
Getting sick could not come at a worse time. Even if he feels better in a day or two, I could get sick in a couple of days and since Colt is due really any day now I can't be sick. Period, I just can't. So, sigh, that's a rough spot. Wanting to take care of my husband, who would take wonderful care of me in this situation, and wanting to stay illness-free.
I'm waiting on an update from N's doctor appointment last week. A week ago Friday she was not dilated, but he is in position and the doctor is pretty confident he'll arrive before December 4th. Our caseworker told us not to be in charge of the Thanksgiving turkey this year, so the hope is that all will be wrapped up as much as possible with work by this Friday. So I can coast through next week if we make it that far.
I would be freaking out, but this weekend brought Liz's baby shower (amazing, if I do say so myself), Riley's 2-year-old birthday party, deep-cleaning the entire house to get ready, having a minor vacuum emergency that turned into a brand new Dyson and vacuuming every night, hosting Bunko at my house last night, a baby shower at work today, Book Club tonight, and basically trying to check things off the list of "must get ready before baby". I have not watched TV in, like weeks. Completely behind on all my shows, which will probably make for good viewing during middle-of-the-night feedings. I haven't slept very well (tapering off some medication I've been on for, well, YEARS). And I still don't have everything ready!
So, luckily I've been too busy to freak out. Though I must be tired and overwhelmed because the sight of a baby's hairbrush makes me very emotional.
Pictures from this weekend of the awesome baby shower and the cutest 2-year-old on the planet coming soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are a true mother-to-be! I used to cry at stuff like that too. I remember looking at those newborn diapers and crying.
Also, I may have to debate you on the cutest 2-year old. :-)
OH my...........I'll be checking on the hour soon.......sounds like baby will be here any time now!!!
Can't wait!! So excited for you!!!
Take care of yourself. This sounds like a really exciting time!
You are so, so close! Sounds like things are very crazy right now!
Post a Comment