Thursday, June 19, 2008

Homestudy Packet

Wow...it's here. It's arrived. It's not as big as I expected....but there are around 30 pages of essay questions. Questions ranging from our high school years (what classes did you have to repeat? what hardships did you have? what kind of person were you?) to our current state (how do you feel about infertility? why did you decide to adopt?) to our future (what kind of parent will you be? how will you discipline your children? what qualities do you posess that will make you a good parent?).

It's going to take a while!

3 comments:

Yoka said...

Congrats on receiving the package. I hope you will be able to finish it soon...

swatterson said...

YAY! You'll soon have another step behind you!

Anonymous said...

We are waiting on the seminar from our agency. We did our equivalent of the 30 page packet. Sounds like every agency time line is different. Right now, I'm just trying to get off the profile for the birth moms to look through. Have you already done a profile? Any suggestions on it? My email is loricatherine@hotmail.com