Tomorrow we are traveling west for a daytrip to see N. I've experienced a range of emotions leading up to this, mostly a mix of excitement and anxiety.
Yesterday our caseworker sent us an e-mail about a conversation she'd had with N when she called to confirm the trip. N had just received 2 months worth of pictures and letters from us and T (our caseworker) said she was very excited.
Apparently it was an awesome conversation, because T wrote down some of the comments she made and wanted to share with us. I got this e-mail as I was sitting in a long, long meeting. I was already worn out and ready to fly back home when it came across and there, in this tiny conference room with a bunch of senior-level executives in the room, tears sprung to my eyes.
I won't repeat everything because it's private and I don't know if N would be ok with me sharing it. But it eased any anxiety I had about going to see her. I'm now counting the hours because of excitement! I can't wait for her to see how much he's grown, how happy he is. I can't wait for her to hug him and feed him and just see how amazing he is. I know she's nervous, probably even more than we are, and it will probably be hard again when we leave to head home. But I hope it's the beginning of a lifetime of visits. I can honestly, with a very open heart, say that.
She will have several family members at the visit tomorrow including her grandmother, sister, and dad. I'm excited for them to see Colt, too, but I asked T to make sure that N knew this day was about her. I don't want her to feel pressure to pass him around or not get as much time holding him as she'd like. But I know it will be fine!
If you have extra prayers to spare, please say a little one for ALL of us tomorrow. That there is no awkwardness, that Colt is his usual happy self (watch this be the ONE day in his life he's fussy), that N has a good time, that N and her family walk away feeling good about me and John as parents to this precious boy. Such a range of emotions.
I'll let you know how it goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
wow...definitely a momentous occasion! I will be thinking of you and hoping for the best for everyone concerned!!
Melba
Lots and lots of luck! I'll be praying for you.
Prayers being lifted! I hope for the best kind of day!
I'll be praying that this visit goes wonderfully, even better than you can imagine. What a special time for you all to share together!
I hope it is a positive and wonderful experience for all involved! We're going to have our first visit with the BPs this summer and I'm really excited! (I accidently used the wrong profile on my first comment).
Wow, very cool!! We fly out to meet Rebekah for the very first time next weekend and I'm beside myself with excitement!!!
Will be praying! I have found that the anticipation is often harder than the visits.
I am sure that they will just love you both and Colt will be his usual super cute self!
It sounds like you're prepared for this visit, and it sounds like the email you received was positive. I'm praying that your meeting goes smoothly. It sounds like it's going to be a momentous occasion :)
I imagine you have a million things going through your head. I imagine it might start out a little awkward, but everything will end up fine. You guys are great parents, and that's going to show.
Yall are probably done with the visit by now, but I am sending positive vibes to all of you anyways!!
Post a Comment