Monday, April 27, 2009

Trying desperately not to, but watching my willpower fade so quickly at the sight of Doubltree Hotel cookies...

I had no intention of getting this far behind in blogging. Like some people, Facebook seems to suck the posting right out of me. Also, work has been crazy - absolutely NUTS. And if I can't do it from my phone, then I'm not doing much of anything technologically these days.

Excuses, excuses.

Mostly, I've been thinking about running two blogs, Facebook, and Twitter (@jandj621 is my Twitter name, but seriously - it's mostly work stuff so don't follow me and expect all kinds of serious creativity!).

(And seriously, feel free to friend me on Facebook. I actually DO post all kinds of creative things, like a real gem today: "when did it become socially acceptable to display a box of tampons on your table at restaurants? Or is it just a Chicago thing?". Just make sure you send a note with it telling me who you are if you don't go by your real name in blogland so I don't ignore you!)

Anyway...all the social networking PLUS this real-life networking thing with friends, family, Colt, John, and Faith (the cat who is just ridiculously attention-deprived, at least according to her) well, it's all just too much.

I started documenting my life and crazy things in February of 2005 over at Anderson Happenings. So I feel really guilty (is that even right?!) for letting it go.

My intention is to start posting most of my thoughts and updates and pictures and randomness over there. Click over and bookmark me, add me to your reader, get familiar...Anderson Happenings.

Go ahead, I'll wait...

...

...

This blog will not be deleted. It will probably even have some updates strictly on the adoption front. In fact, I know before I put a hold on updating here, there are at least two major issues I want to bring up here and get your thoughts on. But the general idea is to post a few more posts, then let this be a stagnant blog for a while...until it's time to hope for the next member of our family and I will need this blog as desperately as I need it now!

In my ample amounts of free time, I'll begin adding the same links on this sidebar to my sidebar on Anderson Happenings. I will still follow each and every one of you. (I don't comment too often...mobile blogging just isn't very easy, but I do read everything!) I truly, truly hope you'll continue to follow me over there, too.

Admit it, you can't resist Colt's smile. You want to watch him grow up! I don't want to lose any of you....Anderson Happenings....mark it down!

Ok...goal is by the end of May to be wrapped up (for a while) here. So you have a whole month to get familiar with Anderson Happenings...

Ok, good night. And just so you know - swine flu is NOT a food-borne illness. Don't be afraid to eat bacon, or sausage, or ham, or pork chops. It's a FLU. Respiratory illness. You can't get it from pork! That's all, folks!

5 comments:

not so zen momma said...

Thank you for clearing me to eat bacon!

Natalie said...

Was started to worry about you! Glad all is well and that you are in fact just being "normal" and busy!

Will definitely be popping over to the other site

Lots of love
xxx

Sammy said...

SO get the two blog thing- can't wait to start a blog on family life not infertility! Will definately be following you!

Emily said...

Perhaps if we had $1,000 target gift cards, we could be persuaded to blog more.

Although you owe me, since I got you that ipod that one time.

LL said...

i have been wondering about you...I also seem to not be blogging much since having Shelby. Time just seems to disappear. I am also on FB so keep a lookout for a friend request...

i could never give up my love of bacon!