Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New pics and birthfather update

Just checking in! Things are going very well here. I forgot to mention last week the update on the birthfather situation.

Back when N relinquished her rights in court, we'd hoped the judge would let us notify by publication with the father since he was nowhere to be found. However, the judge knows of this guy and decided to make sure we covered our bases. So he offered a few other places the birthfather might be found and asked our agency to try and serve papers there.

Last week, they finally found him and served him papers. By law he has 30 days to respond, which puts us right at the court date set up by the judge: February 14th. All in all, this is very good news. It means that everything will be done by February 14th. We won't have to wait on publication dates and final notices.

However, I just hate that we still have weeks to go before knowing anything. Call me crazy, but this guy has been unpredictable in the past and I'm just praying he doesn't get any ideas of showing up and contesting. Nobody thinks he will...it's just me.

So, keep that situation in your prayers. It IS a good thing. It really is! But until February 14th, there will be a little flutter in my stomach.

In the meantime, enjoy some new photos. My chubby monkey, and finally a photo of the two of us! There are not many that exist...always a photographer, never a subject!







16 comments:

Emily said...

I find February 14th very fitting. It will be your own little valentine.

LL said...

Look at him! He is beautiful.

Many prayers continued!

Becky said...

I know this feeling, we brought our daughter home on legal risk b/c the birthfather had not signed yet. They had to go over all the possibilities with us and it just made me sick until we got a signature! Thankfully, our wait was only 4 days...long enough! Sadly, they knew right where he was...state prison....and he wanted to do the right thing for her!
I'm sure it will all be fine! He will sign and all those loose legal ends will get tied!!!

AJH said...

I know you probably get all sorts of unwanted advise as a new mommy, I have been there! We have 2 children 3 months apart that are 2 years old! We waited 4 years for adoption and then had two calls three months apart! My almost 'twins!' But take pictures with him, take lots of pictures...even if it is just a friend that stopped by, ask her to take a picture! I have very few (think I can count on 1 hand) pictures of myself with my children before they were 18 months old...I was the photographer...don't get me wrong, the pics with Daddy are precious. But I want them to know Mommy was around too!

Will keep you in our prayers...Valentines day would be a great day for answers!

Anonymous said...

Praying for a very amazing Valentine's Day for you!! I love the new pics!! :)

MtnGirl said...

What a great picture of Mama and her Chunky Monkey! Colt is a cutie!

Bri said...

What a cutie! I am full of faith that Feb 14th will be your best V-day ever!

Anonymous said...

He is getting so big! That picture of you both is great...admit it, you planned and put on makeup--you look awesome :) Most of the pictures of Evie and I show me looking exhausted. I'm glad to hear you found Colt's birthfather and now have a set date to look forward to. Thanks so much, too, for your comment on my book club post, it meant a lot to me.

Yoka said...

Love the picture of the two of you. You look so happy!!! Good luck with the 14th.

aimee said...

Dear Jess... Feb.14th is the perfect time to finalize!!! That is when we went to court for Josee Rose (2yrs ago) - I think it is the perfect valentines!

We love you and are praying!
aimee

HappyAutisticMama said...

He's such a cutie!

I understand the butterflies, too. I'm still waiting on a legal risk situation myself. We won't know for quite awhile, and I don't have any dates yet for when I can stop worrying for sure. You seem to be handling it well, though! I try not to think about my situation myself. Nothing I can do but pray anyway!

Anonymous said...

Prayers and good thoughts will be sent your way, right up until the 14th!

He is so dang adorable. How do you leave those cheeks alone????

Unknown said...

Hi there,

Your son is gorgeous!! I must admit though I think Colt is a stunning name as well.

All the best for the 14th. I'm pretty sure you know you are in my thoughts. All of you.

Have a fab day/night

Mother in the making said...

Colt is gorgeous. You look so happy.

All the best for the 14th. My fingers and toes are crossed and your are all in my prayers.

Keep well!!

Wendy said...

I wish you all the best for Feb.
14th!

I love the I'm Bringing Chunky Back onesie - how cute!

hope548 said...

I hope all goes well. What a cutie! I have the same problem, hardly any photos of me with our son! You both look wonderful!