Just quickly checking in.
I have, for some reason, been obsessed with the birthfather. I am constantly waving off bad feelings and trying not to worry. I don't know why...it's just what's happening.
I'm a worrier. Always have been, always will be. I think of the worst-case scenario and obsess over it, so that if it comes true maybe it won't be so hurtful or surprising.
And on Sunday, it was like God was speaking to ME during church. During the sermon, our preacher read the following verse:
"Let us hold fast to the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who has promised is most faithful." --Hebrews 10:23
I have been full of hope since the beginning of this journey. I have been full of faith. And God has delivered every single time. So why do I worry? I've professed my journey of hope for so long here on the blog. The title of my blog has "hope" in it!
Why start doubting God now?
He has been faithful to me every step, even when I don't deserve it. So I am not going to doubt him. I'm going to hold on to that hope, because God is faithful. And he will hold me up no matter what.
I just thought I'd share that verse with you guys, hoping it means as much to you as it does to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
It's easy to be "human" and doubt!
Hang in there Jess - your verse is beautiful and very touching. Keep looking at it when you feel down.
Lots of love from SAfrica
xxx
I love hope as much as the next person, but sometimes it's even more amazing to me that God WANTS us to hope. Sometimes with things seem very black and white, and then He gives us hope when there's a gray area. Yes, we might not always know what's going to come out of that gray area, but I know He won't fail to catch us either. Just a few weeks left... for both of us it seems. :)
That's right! It's hard but.......just trust..he will sign and all will be well.
We have something potentially big going on here that I haven't been able to blog about.......b/c family reads it.....I may share soon but,just lift us up..God knows.
Hope is a wonderful thing. And God never fails. I think that when things are going good, and Satan knows that we are Believers and God is in control, that Satan loves to bring doubt and fear into our minds. But we are so much stronger. Many prayers.
Hope is a wonderful thing. And God never fails. I think that when things are going good, and Satan knows that we are Believers and God is in control, that Satan loves to bring doubt and fear into our minds. But we are so much stronger. Many prayers.
OK
1) I am the SAME way. I imagine the worst things possible *just in case* - so that I will be prepared. I am a worrier. It is so, so hard to let go.
2) I love that verse. Thanks for sharing.
I worry about the birth parents, too, so I understand. It is awesome that you've kept the faith! You seem to have such a positive attitude.
Hi again Jessica,
Thank you for the comment you left for me and the prayers!
Very long story short, last Sat., our 17 yr. old nephew and his ex-girlfriend, barely 16, had a baby boy! Baby was early, has 2 more weeks in hospital probably. No one seems to know for sure what will happen....obviously neither is capable of parenting and neither will go to counceling to look at options! Neither set of their parents are a good option to help either! We have offered to take the baby however, don't think they will go with that either!
I'm so burdened and heartbroken and I'm truly crying out to the Lord about what He wants us to do, if anything! Keep praying for this little one!
Thanks for this reminder of hope! I need it right now!
Post a Comment