So, you all know I wouldn't trade it for the world. It's just such an adjustment...I mean, a HUGE adjustment. Everything from being at home all day to constant holding to dirty toilets and as-yet-unpacked Christmas gift piles.
But starting 2009 in this way....nothing could compare. Even though I barely made it to midnight, and sat on Liz's couch about to pass out the whole night as my child was passed from one person to the next, that moment when we got home and settled in for the night I realized what a difference a year makes. Heck, what a difference a night makes! In one moment we said goodbye to an awesome 2008 (Hawaii, Alaska, lots of work accolades, and OH YEAH parenthood) and into a crazy 2009. As long as it wasn't 2007....that year really, really sucked. I'm hoping for all my waiting-to-adopt mom friends out there--may 2008 be YOUR 2007 of mine. 2009 is your year and you're going to love it!
Happy New Year from Colt!
5 comments:
He is so precious!!
I have the same carseat! Colt is beautiful!
Having recently gone through exactly what you did, I totally understand. Mine is 3 months old now. For us by about 1-1.5 months we were only getting up once during the night and we'd trade off. By 2 months he started sleeping 6-9 hours straight, and now he sleeps through the night consistently. Those first 6 weeks are tough and a huge adjustment. Hang in there. Once he starts smiling at you, you'd stay up all night to see that smile if you had to!
I don't think you have been doom and gloom - you are being realistic and those of us following in your footsteps need to hear it!
He is adorable!!!
You've just been realistic and if nothing else it's keeping me from floating too far into the clouds as I countdown these last few weeks to meeting B. :) And I'll take a Colt picture fix anytime. ;)
Glad things are feeling better and more normal.
I don't recall having any mixed feelings, I just ran on pure euphoria for months but, everyone is different!
I'm just so glad to see your adorable living, breathing dream come true!!
Post a Comment