So, in that spirit I thought I'd share my Top 10 favorite products, that Colt and I can't live without!
California Baby Calendula Cream - I am not, by any means, a green, natural, organic fanatic. It all sounds interesting but pretty much a lot of work to do. So, if the products I buy are organic and natural - GREAT! If not, that's fine too. I got the recommendation to use this when Colt was having major baby acne issues that were turning into major eczema issues. This stuff healed it almost overnight. Not even kidding. He still has days where dry patches break out on his delicious cheeks, so I smother him in this all day long and it works like a charm. I found this at Target for $12...it's kind of pricey, but lasts a long time, smells great, feels great, and it works!
Munchkin Powdered Formula Dispenser and Playtex Drop-Ins System - Do you ever see some product that is so simple, but so GENIUS you slap yourself for not being the one to come up with it? That's how I feel about the powdered formula dispenser. I mean, seriously, so simple yet so necessary! We're on the go all the time so the dispenser plus the easy-to-clean drop-ins system makes going out incredibly easy.
Security blanket/stuffed animal/satin thingy - the link is to an example of the ones we have. Colt loves to hold burp rags or blankets or anything soft. He likes rubbing them on his face, eating them (as he does everything these days), or just holding securely on to one. I love these things because of the satin edges plus the stuffed animal part he can cuddle with. We have a lion, a puppy, and a frog and he always has one with him.
Miracle Blanket - how do I love the Miracle Blanket? Let me count the ways...Colt has been sleeping through the night since he was about 7 weeks old. Sure there are nights when he doesn't but for the most part we have been blessed with a sleepy boy. It did not take long to get his days and nights in the right order and I attribute every bit of that success to the Miracle Blanket. Heard about it in blogland, we now own two (in case one is dirty). Our bedtime routine means swaddling Colt super tight in his MB and almost immediately his eyes start drooping. I'm hoping soon they will have one for preschoolers and adolescents so Colt can be swaddled until college. I LOVE this blanket, John LOVES this blanket, it is THE reason we get 8 hours of sleep each night! I hear they're available at Target - yay!! If you have a new baby or a baby that can's sleep...do yourself a favor and BUY ONE! Or let me know and I'll buy it for you. That's how much I love them. Ok, seriously, I can't buy for everyone. But you get the drift.
Just One Year Infant Sleepers - We have tried several different brands of sleepers, but Just One Year versions are my favorites. For one, the zipper is high-quality. For two, the arms seem to be a little longer, so they fit him longer. John and I had a MAJOR fight in the middle of Target about sleepers that included throwing, so I can promise I don't recommend this brand lightly.
Just One Year Bibs - Once again, I really like the stuff this brand makes. The bibs are the best. They are thin, but have a waterproof lining in between. They have a nice width and are perfect for babies that drool a lot and spit up a lot. With that in mind, you can definitely count on my recommendation!Old Navy baby jeans - actually, any clothes from Old Navy are prone to receiving lots of compliments, ooooos, aaahhhs, and pinching of cheeks. But the jeans, oh the jeans. I love me some baby jeans. There is nothing cuter than 0-3 month dark wash or faded jeans. Old Navy stuff is great quality, stands up to a lot of washings!
A&D -Good ol' A&D ointment! It solves everything from diaper rash to scratches to raw areas that eczema leaves behind. Usually heals things within 24 hours. We have a giant tube that we've been using since Colt came home, and it will probably last us a year! It's great to have on-hand.
Of course, lots of other things, too...but these are just a few of the specific things we love!
14 comments:
LOL about the major fight in Target. My hubby and I had two major fights in Target (oddly enough, both times in the office supply aisle). I bet those employees have tons of funny stories to tell their friends!
I LOVE pajamas with zippers. I lose my mind at 3 am when I can't get the stupid snaps to line up correctly.
That Miracle Blanket thing looks fab! I wish I would have had one of those for both my kids. I love that there is an area to keep those arms down. What a great idea!
great list.
Although the MB did not work for us...oh how I wish it did. I had such high hopes...I think there might be two issues...one our daughter is small and two she HATES having her arms swaddled.
I'll second the MB. I loved that thing more than anything. I swaddled my kids until they were 8 months in it. Kyle called it the straight jacket. I'm convinced it's the reason my kids sttn so early as well. I bought mine on ebay and sold it for more than I paid.
Thank you so much. I am going to need all of these things. And I'm really excited about the Miracle Blanket!
Get list. I had not herd of th Miracle Blanket till about two months ago, so I ordered one for baby Asher when he come in Aug.
I left an r and a out of great. Good to know that I can't spell.
That is what I get for trying to type with both boys are talking.
Thanks for the tips!!! I Love reading them too! :)
Check out this website for animal comfort blankets. They are home made, I bought a pink bunny for my daughter and she loves it! They have silky ears and binding, super soft material and are much bigger than the average one's you buy at stores. Affordable too!
http://www.tctwest.net/~dcdesign/kidstuff.html#comfycritters
The picture's dont to them justice!
Great recommendations. When I have a baby (someday I hope!) I'll definitely look back on this list, as I feel pretty clueless about this sort of thing. :-D
Hi Jessica, I stumbled across your blog and have enjoyed reading your posts. Your little guy is so cute! I also used some of those items on your list...I'm all about some Old Navy baby jeans!! Look forward to reading more. Stop by and visit anytime.
I am totally going to keep this in mind when I start registering for the baby shower. I will be having my 20 week ultrasound on the 13 of April. Hope all is well with your family. I love the pic of Colt with the lock up your daughters shirt.
I ordered a Miracle Blanket because of you! Charlotte does like to be swaddled and she likes to have her arms swaddled, but she always wiggles out of the blankets and I don't like the Swaddle Me. I can't wait for it to come - thanks!
Post a Comment