First, as you know he's been talking and smiling like a mad man. He recognizes people and things, it's so fun to have him track me or John across a room and light up when he makes eye contact.
Second, he is very much on the move. No, not crawling and not even quite rolling yet. But he is scooting like crazy. The first picture is how I laid him down in his playgym last night while I was getting stuff ready for this morning. Look at those delicious chunky thighs! The second picture is how I found him a mere 5 minutes later. Completely turned around and on the other side! When did he learn to do that?
Turns out he was going after the toys. He has discovered toys and can't get enough of grabbing on to them. He will fix himself in any position he needs to to play, especially with dangling toys. It won't be long until he rolls over to get the ones on the ground. He really loves the toys we dangle on the car seat now.
He has obviously been doing well with tummy time at school. Thank goodness for school because he hates tummy time and it makes it hard for me to be real motivated to work with him on that. But last night we helped him roll over and he immediately propped his head up and looked around! Before he couldn't lift his head, now he's almost in a crawling position!
But still, after all that he gets pretty sleepy. Sometimes it just takes the swing to get a good nap. Love the mohawk his teachers fixed for him.
I am SO excited after this weekend about all he's doing. It's just crazy fun. His teachers told me today that he hit some major milestones last week and they are thrilled with his development. I didn't realize just how much I would love seeing those things. The cuddling is great, but watching him grow and learn...there's just nothing else like it.
Also, he's pretty much wearing 6-month clothes at this point. I had to do some major shopping with my mom and aunt this weekend to find short-sleeved stuff in a size that will actually fit him!
He is one amazing little (big?) boy and I am so privileged to be his mom!





8 comments:
Mmm, he's so nibblable!! Way to go mom! :)
He is seriously cute!!
Colt is just adorable! I particularly love his chubby thighs!!! :)
Umm, no, Colt can't grow up that fast! I can't believe he is scooting.
When am I going to get to see him? Are you all over your sickies?
He is at such an adorable and fun age, I'm glad you're enjoying it! That mohawk is too cute.
I am sooooooooo happy for you!!!! Great to see you enjoying this soooo much, as it should be!!!!
I love those chubby little legs....good for kissing! No only if it were just as adorable for us to have chunky legs :) Thanks for the new update. He's precious
He recognizes his aunt Julia now! And it makes me so happy, I could cry! In fact, I almost did the other night when I realized he was looking around because he heard my voice!
Love my sweet chunky monkey nephew more than anything! Even when he vomits all over me, which seems to be something he quite enjoys doing! Like grandma says, "love me, love my spit-up"!
P.S. I love, love, love his St. Patrick's Day outfit! He's doing aunt Julia proud! ;-)
Post a Comment