Saturday, March 14, 2009

I can't get enough of this kid!

A typical Saturday in the Anderson household goes a little something like this:
Get up in the morning, feel inspired by the music. Stevie Wonder is the tune, but for the true effect we have to have the sunglasses.

Then Mom dresses you up in ADORABLE overalls (Old Navy shout out!) and then she insists on taking pictures with you mostly to show off her new haircut which looks especially ravishing after three full days of not moving out of the house.

Then we practice a little tummy time, but since you hate it it doesn't last long enough to get a picture of the screams. We move on to a brand new toy: the bumbo! You need a little help from a burp rag to keep you from doin' a gangsta lean back, but ultimately you fit just great. This could be fun...

We play with our star friend, bird friend, rattle and blocks on our Baby Einstein Play Gym. We dance a little and kick our feet to the music of Bach and Beethoven. In between our activities Mom takes you to Sam's for an adventure in jumbo toilet paper roll buying. A bottle here and there and it's time to end the day.

Where better to land than on Daddy's side of the bed to catch a late-night episode of "House Hunters" and ESPN Sports Center. Finally, snuggled with your froggie friend, you crash. Not long after that, you're in your crib, asleep in dreamland, completely worn out from the day.

Yes, being just 2 days shy of 3 months old is a hard life. You learn something new everyday and, boy, do you like to talk about it. Plus, that Mom of yours keeps stalking you with the camera desperate for one smile caught in film. It takes a lot of energy, but you're seeing how long you can torture her by not smiling until after the flash.

These aren't just the best days of you life, they are the best days of your Mom and Dad's lives.























7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

We tried the bumbo this week too. Anna looked liked a snake coming out of one of those genie bottles. Her head was bobbing back and forth. It was really funny.

Emily said...

How much do I love that last picture?! I want to love me some baby and eat his little cheeks up!!

Melba said...

I already have my future baby's bumbo waiting in our garage and I can't wait until the day I can use it!! :)

I love this post, and I think your hair looks great...you'll capture that smile one of these days!

Melba

RB said...

Ha ha! Gangtsa lean back! I love it :) Very cute pics.

Rebekah said...

OK, he's absolutely adorable!!! And I like your hair too :)

LL said...

cute pics...great hair...it is hard to believe that he is almost 3 mos old.

Amber said...

I love the overalls! Little boys in overall are so cute, and Colt is no exception.