Monday, March 30, 2009

Another new family!

Just quickly checking in with a few thoughts...

I am SOOOOOOOO excited when any one of my friends has a new baby. Whether giving birth after long fertility treatments, giving birth after a surprise pregnancy, giving birth exactly as planned, or through adoption. Always excited. But over the weekend my blog friend, Bri suddenly became a mom. She woke up on Saturday like any other day and by that night had her 2-day-old daughter at home in her arms.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. Bri has been with me on my adoption path for a while, always supportive and always honest in her blog posts. She says exactly what I'm thinking, but much more eloquently. I am so happy for her.

I have been praying extra hard for some particular blog friends that are moms-in-waiting over the last month or so. Bri is one of them so maybe, just maybe, my extra prayers are helping??
-----------------

Also, I recently learned of a good IRL friend's pregnancy and realized, yet again, why I would make a terrible pregnant lady. I don't know how you all keep your pregnancy a secret for the first couple of weeks/months. I would be terrible at that. I'd get a positive on the pregnancy test and run directly to my blog or phone and tell the world!!

God is just so very good. He knows just what we need, when we need it, and his plans are always perfect, aren't they?

Congratulations friend-still-keeping-her-pregnancy-a-secret-for-some-people. And congratulations, Bri!

3 comments:

Melba said...

This is SO awesome, you are right...Bri's announcement really warmed my heart and made me feel hopeful again! :)

Melba

VickieLynnHomies said...

Thanksgiving of 2005 both of my sisters fell pregnant. Beth blurted the news right away while Christy waited until Valentines day to tell us. It had to be so hard for Christy to keep quite. We all got together quite a few times. I got the BFP June 7th and Billy and I waited until July 4th to tell his family.

Anonymous said...

That's so great about your friend becoming a Mom. . . and it's so great that you are so happy for those Mom's. . . regardless of how it happens. :-D