Monday, October 13, 2008

Registering

This weekend was quite a rush. It started Friday night with a whirlwind shopping trip. John and I purchased our nursery furniture. Pictures below, imagine them in the "espresso" dark wood color. They should arrive in about 6 weeks. Perfect timing.

It happened pretty fast, but that's ok. If I had a lot of time to bargain shop and research I would just make myself crazy. So we walked in to the shop, spent a few minutes looking at the option, and then bought it. Sure we could have saved some money by shopping around...but we just don't have the time or the mindset to do that!

Afterwards, I headed to Babies R Us with Emily and Liz. Thank goodness they went with me. Have you been to that store? It's completely and totally overwhelming. They ended up getting me started on registering. I couldn't even believe I was standing there, registering for the arrival of our son. I realized even more that I have no idea what I'm doing.

After a depressing Saturday of watching the Sooners fall to Texas, John and I finished up registering on Sunday at Target. I'm sure there are a thousand things I should add to the list, but I've done the best I can. I'm always open for suggestion!

Speaking of registering, I already have two showers on the books. My church shower and my book club shower. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I can't believe it's all happening. Less than two months and I'll have a baby lying here next to me. Wow.







6 comments:

Pam said...

Love the furniture! I'm glad you mentioned something about showers, I was going to ask you... will you email me the details so I can come??? And registering is so. much. fun!!!! At least, I thought so. If you need any help making sure you got everything on your list, let me know. I'm always up for some scanner guns!

Elizabeth said...

Ahhh... Welcome to the world of stalking your registry online everyday. Oh, maybe that's just me.

Our Growing Family said...

hi!!! i am so excited for you even though i have never met you! my husband and i waited for 9 mos. and got the call last month that we were picked and our son was being born THAT NITE. We had one day to get to his birth city and get the room ready and baby clothes, etc. you want to talk about a whirlwind! my heart is thrilled as i remember getting that call so clearly and not really knowing what to do next. my mind was swimming in emotions. best of luck, you are in my prayers. you can read the rest of my story on our blog www.kemperkite.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Cute furniture! I had months to plan and register and buy and research and...still didn't have everything. I'm sure it will be the same for you, but the good news is that they'll still let you into the store after he's born. :)

Anyhow, here's what we ended up buying more of after Evie arrived (therefore, things you might need to think of, too):

more bibs

more burp cloths

pacifiers (you can never have too many because they disappear)

more bottles (we are happy with twelve so that you can have a bunch in the dishwasher and still enough to feed her a few times)

a sleep positioner/wedge (indispensable so that you can sleep knowing he's staying on his back because they can roll to the side as newborns)

Hope that helps. Your shopping trip sounds like fun!

not so zen momma said...

love the registries, of course I already checked them out. have you picked out a bedding set yet?

Melanie said...

I am not sure if you have one or not, but I did not see one on your registry....I would HIGHLY suggest a bouncy seat! It was a life saver for both our kids