Friday, October 31, 2008

A lot of stuff to think about

Sorry I've been so out-of-touch. It's not like me, especially with so much going on right now! I know so many of you are as excited as we are about this, and I want to share as much as possible.

We've actually heard a lot from and about N this week. I can't go into everything right now, but hopefully soon I can update you on some of the details. Don't worry, all is good. Really good.

I'm so glad you guys liked the name! Really I expected some jabs and teasing, but it's such an awesome name it's hard to find anything wrong with it, right?! Really it means a lot that everyone likes it. Thanks for the encouraging comments!

I did want to say thanks for praying about N's job interview, she got the job and loves it! She's already been at work a couple of times, and she's getting a lot of experience for her future.

In other big news, it seems as though the baby has dropped or is at least moving that way. She is becoming more and more uncomfortable, and feels that he has shifted quite a bit lower. She had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, and the doctor is pleased with her progress. He said he would not be surprised and would be ok if the baby came before December 4th.

Which is exactly the feeling I've been having for a while. I have a feeling he's coming the week of Thanksgiving. I don't know why, it's just a feeling I have. We'll see!

Knock on wood, I don't want to jinx it, but I'm just praying he doesn't come before November 10th. I have a business trip 11/5 - 11/10. It's long, more than I'm usually ever gone at one time. It's also the last trip for the year and really for the next 6 months or so. I am excited to go (hello, it's the beach!), but now I'm terrified something will happen and she will go into labor while I'm gone. What an impression that would make.

I'm really stressed about it, guys. John is too, as you can imagine! Please pray that Colt stays in as long as he can and doesn't come until after the 10th.

Sigh...in other news I'm looking into being more careful about being so public with my blogs. This one is not as big a concern as our other blog. It didn't hit me until today how public it really is, and how easy it is to find us. So, there may be some changes happening in the next few weeks. I don't think I'll need to go password-protected on this blog, but I'm checking my options. Maybe it's the maternal instinct kicking in about making sure I protect Colt's privacy, N's privacy, and our privacy.

Also, is it possible to be in nesting mode when you're not pregnant? Because I haven't made a lot of actual progress, but my mind is running 100 miles a minute with all the stuff I need to do. We bought paint this week, I'm desperate to get the carpets cleaned, I cleaned out the nursery closet, I'm buying organizers, and thinking about all the room I need to make for new stuff.

Oh, yeah, and my first shower is this Sunday!

Sorry I'm rambling...my stomach is in knots, my brain is running the mile, my heart is pounding all the time. I'm nervous, scared, excited. But most of the time I think about Colt and I smile. His existence gives me hope, and it's amazing how much the thought of him calms me down. It's starting to feel real. Less than 5 weeks until December 4th...if we make it!

As usual, prayers needed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that nesting isn't hormonal, it's just plain maternal. Enjoy feeling productive! :) I went through the same thoughts about privacy with my blog and was going to password protect it, until I got a string of random messages from readers I didn't know existed who told me that reading something in my blog had impacted them in some way and I felt like a password would cut off those opportunities. Something to consider as you are weighing your options. Praying for you!

ChandraJoy said...

I think it's pretty normal for you to be in a nesting mode. I agree that it is more maternal than hormonal. I hope you get the things done you want to get done! We will br praying that Colt stays put for a while longer!

Melba said...

I definitely think nesting without physical pregnancy is possible. I went through a phase just after we were in the pool where I really wanted to be home and I re-painted our dining room/did some deep cleaning. I think it's normal, especially for us women who tend to be the preparers.

I will be thinking about you...can't believe it's only five weeks away. I can imagine your nerves about the business trip, but keep in mind...if you were physically pregnant and due in Dec. your company would have no choice but to be understanding. IMO this should be no different, IF something should happen. Good luck!

Melba

Anonymous said...

everything is going to work out. God has his ways of making sure things work out for the best for all of us. you are going to make a great mommy. i am so happy for you guys.

Elizabeth said...

If that baby comes before the shower we have for you, you better plan to strap on that sling thingy you registered for and head over. :)

Anonymous said...

Nesting is not something that only happens to pg women! This past weekend I had to fight off the nesting urge and I have plenty of time.

I will send positive vibes for Colt to stay put for a while longer.