Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Announcing

Highlights of announcing our impending parenthood:

Telling our families was definitely the number one thing we were looking forward to and it definitely lived up. And telling our friends was a blast, too.

My coworkers have been SO excited. They all took me out to lunch the day I announced (we NEVER get together at the same time!) and managed to give me a baby gift that day! They are amazing and are having a great time suggesting baby names. See the list below...they are all adding to it and I've been gone for a few days and can't wait to see what else is added besides Chazz, Orenthal J., and Tater! Nice stork on my office wall...

Then I got completely surprised when a small group of friends turned our Girl's coffee night into a mini-shower for me! I walked into Starbucks last night to see a table full of Eileen's cookie, presents, giant baby balloons and the words "Worth Waiting". I was fighting back tears all night.

We are SO blessed to have the friends and family that we do. This baby has so many people praying for him and anxious to meet him...I hope he can feel how loved he is already. I was worried about telling so many people so early in the process. But I know that what it really means is support for us. Who couldn't use extra prayers, whether in celebration or in sorrow?!

Anyway....thank you ALL for your comments on our post, your e-mails, phone calls, hugs, and yes even the presents which we weren't expecting! I love having that you are all involved...all I can do now is let go, let God take control, and know that the plan is in motion!






















2 comments:

Melba said...

This is soooo sweet, your excitement in catching!!

Melba

Bri said...

What a testament to you! You're going to be a great mom!