Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Always be prepared

I know that nothing can actually prepare you for being a parent to a newborn (or any other age for that matter). But if preparation could be determined by sheer number of books accumulated and read...I should be pretty darn prepared!




4 comments:

Dana said...

Wow! You are my kind of gal. Only maybe even a little more extreme!

Jessica said...

That's a lot of reading. Have you heard of the "Open Aoption Experience"? It's a good one and one I refer to from time to time.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, read "Mother Shock" if you can find the time. It was the only book that really prepared me for the hard stuff happening right now. The "20 things adoptive kids..." that I see you already have is the one I think will be the one I'll be recommending in the future, when Evie's older. Funny about your duplicates...did a couple of people give you "Happiest Baby on the Block?" :)

Unknown said...

You look like me and my reading! Now that Colt's a little "older" which do you find yourself going back to more often?

I love the What to Expect book and Baby 411. I found the Happiest Baby on the Block theory to work like magic with Cash! I still do the side, shush and sway with him. He's outgrown the swaddling and never was much of a paci boy.