Thursday, April 3, 2008

Peace

It's been well over a week since I posted last....did I mention how low-key things will be until June?

I thought the other day what a difference this decision has made for us. I think about the way I was feeling just 2 months ago, and how I feel today and it's like I'm a new person. The peace and confidence this decision has provided me (us) is awesome. As I was drifting to sleep the other night I realized....I'd made it through an entire day without thinking about having a baby.

Not to say that I don't think about babies every day, but I'd gone the whole day fulfilled with the day's activities. And I think the only reason why that's possible is because I have peace with the way things are headed. I have peace with where we are. I know it's just a matter of time before we are parents and the screaming of an infant will not allow me a day without baby obsession.

I love being happy. For those of you who have gone through anything similar, you know how each day can be more excruciating than the last--no matter how hard you pray, how many positive thoughts you recite.

For anyone facing infertility, I pray as much for peace as I do for a baby for you.

I also pray desperately this peace lasts, that it's a sign of good things to come.
-----------------------------

I still haven't decided on what kind of profile book to do. I'm leaning toward a really awesome scrapbook, but I think first I need to sort through photos and decide what will cause me the lest frustration!
-----------------------------

I have to tell you about these two amazing women I've met recently. Aimee and Ashley (neither has a blog I'm aware of, though if they did you'd fall in love with them too) have gone through this infertility battle and now have beautiful children through adoption. Aimee actually pointed me in the direction of the agency we're now using, Ashley adopted her son through our agency.

These two women have been so inspirational to me. Not only have they made it through really difficult times by leaning on God and seeing his plan for them, but they also have incredible love for birthmothers. Aimee and her husband regularly keep in touch with their daughter's birthparents, Ashley and her husband keep in contact not only with their son's birthmother but also her children--their son's siblings.

I've only know Aimee for a few months, and I just met Ashley in person this week. But I feel like they are lifelong friends, and I know they will provide me a great deal of support and experience as we move forward. I wish I could explain the instant connection to both of them, and not just because they're both redheads!

I imagine they also have a great deal to do with this peaceful feeling I have lately.
-----------------------------

Off to another coffee night with girlfriends. I think I should buy stock in Starbucks!

2 comments:

Julia said...

I'm so glad you're feeling so good about everything. I think about you and JOhn and your baby and this whole situation every day. I love you all so much.

Let me know if you need any pictures and/or help with the scrapbook!

You and I should have a coffee night soon! I miss hanging out with you.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Give some thought to what kind of adoption you'd like, ideally. If you want an open adoption (we have a very happy one), you may want to go with the scrapbook hard copy. We used this with expectant mothers coming to our agency for pregnancy counseling.

If you are leaning toward having more physical distance between you and your future child's birthfamily, digital is a good way to have the profile available anywhere, anytime.

I have some more profile tips at http://profilesthatgetpicked.com/tips.htm

Just make sure your Selves shine through!