Wednesday, February 25, 2009

He should be walking any day now!

We took Colt to see an orthopedic specialist today, about the click in his right hip that our pediatrician noticed the last few check-ups. We were assured by Dr. C that it was probably nothing, but in the rare instance it was something we'd want to treat it now.

So we went to the orthopedic guy today. Sigh...I HATE when specialists ask you to come in 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment for paperwork and then don't take you back until 30 minutes or so AFTER your scheduled appointments. So you've been hanging with a hungry baby with a dirty diaper for 45 minutes to an hour and it's just ridiculous. At least when we got back there, the doctor was right in, the X-rays were done in seconds and we had our opinion seconds after that.

He's fine! Everything appears to be normal. We'll check again at 6 months to make sure everything continues to develop normally, but no worries! And we can stop double-diapering. Good news, although I rather appreciate having two diapers for those bad blowouts and at night when he sleeps for such a long time.

Which brings me to another subject I've hesitated to admit out loud. Colt is sleeping very well at night. Yikes, I'm knocking on every piece of fake wood I have in this office. But he is doing very well. He has been done with the middle-of-the-night feeding for weeks now. Sometimes he'll take one last feeding at 11:00 or so, but sometimes he falls asleep when we swaddle him at 9:00 and sleeps right through until I wake him around 7:00 a.m.

I know this won't always be the case, but it has been very nice. The timing of his all-nighters and starting daycare has not been overlooked. I like to think of it as a plus to the negative of not being with him all day!

5 comments:

Audrey said...

Yeah! Keep swaddling, keep swaddling, keep swaddling! I swaddled mine until they were 8 months. I'm confident it's the key to sleep!

LL said...

Yay for a great sleeper!!! And yay for the good doc appt!

Anonymous said...

Lucky duck! My nephew is the same way. I'm just hoping B is getting the message that I would LOVE him to sleep when I sleep. ;o)

Melba said...

Yay for the good news about his leg, and for the sleeping through the night! No more double-diapering is a plus too, that has to be getting expensive! :)

Melba

Anonymous said...

Good news on the leg! Charlotte had a click in her hip and the hospital did an u/s...it looked ok, but I am anxious for the f/u!

You give me hope re: sleep! Hope he keeps it up!