Seems like these days I'm finding something every Sunday that brings tears to my eyes or inspires me at church. It should be that way all the time, but I'll be honest some weeks are better than others.
Today we had a great sermon, great Bible class but what really got me was singing one of my favorite hymns at church. Since I was little this has been one of my favorites. It's called Because He Lives.
The second verse says this:
"How sweet to hold a newborn baby
And feel the pride and joy he gives.
But greater still the calm assurance
This child can face uncertain days because He lives."
Then the chorus...
"Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, all fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living, just because He lives."
It's such a beautiful song, and has helped me get through a lot of dark days and uncertain nights the last few years. I know what we've gone through with infertility pales in comparison to the struggles many people are facing but it was still so difficult to get through. So many questions, wondering what the future would hold. I imagine that this song has given a lot of people hope during dark times.
And now I'll stop because I get choked up just thinking about it. But it's yet another inspiration to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i've always loved that one too! so glad things are going well with you back at work. we must get together soon so you can see my little one!
Definately one of my favorites!!!
That is one of my all time faves! I tend to find myself singing it loud and proud. Last Sunday I got all choked up at church because I was thinking of when Jay and I would stand in front of our church and dedicate our child...tears.
Post a Comment