Tuesday, February 10, 2009

As predicted, he is perfect!

I've been dreading this day in more ways than one. But so far, it's gone better than expected! Colt went to the doctor this morning for his 2-month appointment (2 months is actually next Monday, but he's 8 weeks today! Where has the time gone?).

He is measuring 13 pounds (90th percentile), 23 inches (65th percentile) and 60th percentile in head circumference. He's very healthy, though the doctor did make a passing comment about how he'll see me soon since Colt starts daycare tomorrow. I love the doc, but it's obvious he has a little preference toward moms who stay home. It's almost uncomfortable at times...oh well.

He is meeting all his developmental milestones. In fact, the doctor said his neck strength and control is excellent for his age! We did notice a problem early on, he has a click in his right hip which means the joint isn't fully formed and functioning. We have been double diapering him for two months because of this, and it didn't seem to do the trick. So we will be meeting with a bone and joint doctor soon to get his opinion and see what we need to do. It doesn't bother Colt, and he still has great strength in his legs when he tries to stand in our laps. So hopefully it's just a bump in the road.

Other than that, he's perfect! They gave him three shots, he cried when the needles went in but stopped almost immediately. He is still sleeping, though it's long past his next bottle but who am I to wake him?

Also, I woke up this morning to read this beautiful post by Rebekah, whom I have admired for so long. She is just the first in a long line of blog moms still waiting for their little ones to get matched in 2009, and it made my morning!

So, hopefully today will be full of sweet snuggles to help ease the pain of tomorrow morning. I love being Colt's mommy, and I'm so blessed to have him. Especially when he's as good and perfect and wonderful as he was today! Enjoy a few new photos!
















12 comments:

not so zen momma said...

Thank you for attaching Colt pics! He is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Yay for a great day! I bet Colt will be just fine at daycare with the sickies... especially because I think you said there's just 8 babies in his room? It's not like they're hanging out with all the after school kids, etc. Plus he's a big boy and surely comes with a big immune system.

Looooove the pics. I especially love his car seat pictures because I get all giddy to think about my bean in his matching car seat in just a few short weeks! Yes, I'm a nut. ;o)

Melanie said...

I remember the doc commenting about daycare also when I was a working mom. I just said that sometimes church can be just as bad if not worse. He agreed with me. I don't think it makes a differnce whether they are in daycare or not. Reese has been just as sick if not sicker than Ethan. I wouldn't feel one ounce of guilt if I were you.

Becky said...

He is just adorable! I know you are going to miss him and it will not be an easy transition!
Thanks for your comment on my post about a study group! I really appreciate it.
The focus is going to be a written Bible study for IF couples, concentrating on the scriptures....with lots of sharing I'm sure but, I don't envision it as a 'crying support group.'
The thought has come to my mind about what to do when people within the study group move on...to pregnancy, placement, etc. That is a detail that we will keep praying about!
Thanks again Jessica!!

Rebekah said...

Well your little pictures of Colt made MY Day. Oh, my goodness, he is so cute I could kiss him all over!!! (I'm sure you do!)

MtnGirl said...

Colt is definitely a cutie pie! I hope he is a healthy little guy and wards off all illnesses from daycare - just to show that meanie doctor!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that doctor is an idiot. Anyhow, I stay home with Evie and she's now on her 3rd cold of the winter and I'm not getting questions from my doc about whether I'm taking her out to the mall every day and letting random toddlers drool on her. Sigh. Hopefully he won't get sick simply because the cold and flu season is drawing to a close (but going out with a bang, I hear). Anyhow, he is adorable and I love his hair, his nose, his lips...definitely perfect.

Lori said...

He will do fine at "school" and it doesn't matter when he starts be it now or when he is five, because his first year of school he will get sick at some point in time. Anyway I hope that tomorrow goes well for you.
A few pointers from a teacher and mom to another mom: You need to take as long as you want/need when you drop Colt off and call as often as you want to check in on him and if you cry or don't cry it is OKAY. I am sure you will do fine, but just wanted you to know that it is okay to want one more kiss or hug! Another thing we do is have the parents bring pictures of themselves so the children can look at them during the day(we do this in all of our classrooms infant to preschool) Take all of this for what you want. Sorry this is kind of long.
Have a Great day back at work.

VickieLynnHomies said...

Dru had his 12 month app yesterday. He's 22 lbs :) Oh and he's finally on MILK! Thank the Lord! And he too had some shots. I hope your kiddo does as well with shots as Dru does. Once he didn't even cry. Glad everything is well over there.

Dru will also be starting daycare for the first time soon. Very nervous. I haven't really been away from him much in this past year. I hope we both handle it well!

LL said...

He is getting so big! I am sure all of the staff at the doctor's office just "oohed" and "aaahhed" over him!

Unknown said...

Why is this the first time I've heard about the "hip click"? Which doctor is he going to see? I hope it does heal on it's own, but if not, please call me and I'll hold your hand through whatever needs to be done!
Love you.

Anonymous said...

He is soo cute! Jaylee had the hip click thing and the specialist found nothing and my friend just went too and NOTHING! We will be praying for you and for the 13th issue!