I did want to just say a quick note about a comment that was left yesterday. I think it was taken the wrong way, and the author ended up deleting it. But I wanted to let everyone who saw the comment know that she is one of my very best friends. You will not meet anyone more supportive, interested, caring, generous, or empathetic than E.
She was one of the first that I confided our infertility issues with, and one of the ones I would call after each doctor appointment. She always stayed interested, and had many questions of her own. She had a small battle with infertility and ended up with an easy fix from the beloved RE of mine that I recommended to her.
Her brother and sister-in-law are currently waiting to adopt a child from Ethiopia. So she is surrounded by adoption and has a great love for the process.
She is expecting her first child, a perfect baby girl, in January with her husband N. John and I are beyond blessed to have them in our lives. So, please don't think her comment came out of anything other than love and a search for understanding.
I should also mention how thoughtful she is, because it is NOT one of my strengths. Many months ago John and I were in the midst of our third IUI. On the eve of the procedure, our doorbell rang and there E and N stood on our doorstep with a beautiful, delicious cake in their hands. Yes, my friends, it was a good-luck-on-getting-pregnant cake. She'd baked it herself and decorated it with lovely little sperms and a turkey baster. There was also a homemade card I still have that says "he shoots, she scores".
Even though the procedure didn't work, I felt like that cake brought us luck. If nothing else, it solidified that these were friends we could never let go. Everyone could use a little E in their life.
5 comments:
I don't even have words good enough to comment. I'll just simply say thank you and we love you guys too.
I must have read your friends' comment because I posted after her, but I don't remember it so it must have been just fine. I am sorry if she felt like it came across wrong! You are so sweet to defend your friend, though! She sounds wonderful!
What a funny/cute cake and card...sounds like a great friend.
I didn't get to comment yesterday but, your post was beautifully written (as always). Like Chandra said, your strength is such an encouragement to all of your friends. You and John are amazing. Even if John beats Kyle in golf!
Oh my "E" that is hilarious! You truly are a wonderful friend to think to do that.
I find this whole process fascinating so, please continue with lots of details!
Jess, you should submit that cake to cakewrecks.blogspot.com. It's so funny!
Post a Comment