Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Only 6 weeks

Seeing as how it's been, well, a little over a month since we were "officially" official I decided to e-mail our caseworker and see how things were going.

It's only been 6 weeks. It seems like September completely got away from me, and at the same time how could only one measly little month have passed? It feels like we've been waiting forever. And ever. And ever. Amen.

She said things were going well. She is working with several women considering adoption plans. The agency has even had a few drop-ins! So all is good news, they are very busy. Families are being created. They have a lot on their plates right now, possibly moving offices and seminars, and such.

So I have several things to add to my prayer list for them.

I don't know what I was expecting. Realistically did I think she'd write back and say "well, now that you've e-mailed I wanted to let you know we have a baby! make that triplets! due tomorrow!"? No, I didn't think she would do that. But part of me still hoped that maybe, just maybe, she'd let me in on whether or not we were being considered. Maybe our profile had been shown to 10 different birthparents and they were all fighting over us because we're just so darn pretty.

I don't know...sigh. I guess I just didn't realize it had been such a short time. 6 weeks is all. Doesn't it feel so much longer?

I do, technically, appreciate the fact that the agency won't be contacting us very often unless it's THE call. So that our hearts don't skip a beat every time we see their name on e-mail or on caller ID. So, yes, I appreciate that. But still...no news is really just no news.

She ended her note with these words: "while surrender is one of the hardest things, it is also one of the most beautiful". Can't wait until I believe that.

5 comments:

Bri said...

I know. I honestly know. I think we are pretty great and the first person that see's me should chose us. We are going to be great parents. We love each other and have a ton of time and love to give. I think it should take about a week or so. So whats the problem? I wish it was that easy, too. At least your SW emails you back!

ChandraJoy said...

(((HUGS))) and prayers.

Pam said...

Ugh. I am not a patient person. I admire you guys so much... even though I know it's hard for you, too. I can't wait to get an excited phone call from you when you get that special call that you have a baby (you are going to call me right?!?).

Hugs, Hugs, and Hugs. Love ya.

Melba said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melba said...

I know exactly what you mean! This post rang true with me. I realized not long ago that we had "only" been in the pool for two months and it felt really weird. To me it had seemed like an eternity already! I don't think there's any way to make the waiting easier. I'm so busy my head spins some days, but I still don't stop thinking about adoption and our baby...

GOOD LUCK, I hope you have a short wait time!

Melba