Sunday, August 3, 2008

Things to do

I finished the profile book! Hurray, one less thing to worry about!

Now...the cleaning begins. It's not just because of the home visit, because I know they don't do white glove tests or anything. It's because I haven't cleaned, and I mean REALLY cleaned, my house in a long time. Pick up clutter here, do dishes there, etc. But the floors and windows and dusting and the shower and bathtubs....all need to be done.

Also, if anyone wants to come over and re-landscape our front yard please feel free to do so. No scheduling required, just feel free to stop by and even be anonymous. I would understand.

Sigh...so much to do in the next few days!

I had a great week in Chicago, despite a canceled flight and 7 hours at the airport only do a sleep over in Dallas before finally making it home. I can't say I'm entirely excited to be home...it is so hot here. Currently registering 104 degrees outside. Ugh...

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Don't stress too much about the homestudy. We did and our social worker walked in, parked herself on the sofa and only got up when she left. Argh! I cleaned like a crazy woman, put locks on all the guns, bought the fire exteneguisher (sp??), etc. The good news was that since we brought home our baby a week later, we came home to a clean house!!!

Good luck!!!

Nancy said...

Hi Jessica. I'm at around the same place in the adoption process. Going through the interviews now. I cleaned like crazy for the home visit, but it turns out I didn't have to go nuts. Our case worker did tour our house, but stated up front that she wasn't scoring us on neatness. She said "if you had a giant hole in the floor, I might suggest you get that repaired before the baby comes." It was a relief.

Rebekah said...

I cleaned my house like a mad-woman! I used the home visit as an excuse to get every house project that we had put off for months (some years) done! Good for you - clean away!

Becky said...

I so know what you mean! I look around and I wouldn't mind for anyone to drop by, we're never cluttered. Just not deep down clean!!! I need to do that so badly!!!