Today is the home visit, at 3:00. If all goes well, we will be done after this. Nothing more to do except wait and hope and pray.
I'll update once it's over. I'm glad she doesn't do a white glove test, because I had no energy the past few nights to do anything other than pick up clutter and surface clean counters. I even left the floors up to John and he swept...but no mopping OR vacuuming going on. And if she looks at our shower, or the guest room bathtub....we'll be banished from ever applying to adopt again.
But, hey, it's a home right? It's not a showroom...we live there every day. It's lived in and not perfect and we like it that way!
Sigh...think good thoughts around 3:00 today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I did the same thing before our home visit, I scrubbed the house from top to bottom. She didn't look at it at all...she's really there to make sure you have enough bedrooms, working plumbing, a fire extinguisher...thinks social workers really care about. I'd suggest not having rotting food in the sink...but... :)
In our final homestudy the only thing she wrote was that our home was "furnished and decorated tastefully" not "the adoptive mother keeps a very clean and organized home" :)
It'll be fine, and I'll be thinking of you at 3.
So excited for you!
I'm saying my prayer right now!
If she dare challenges your cleaning skills, I would show her your immaculately clean and organized laundry. Why won't you come do mine? I'm willing to pay!
Good luck! It will be JUST fine!
I am reading this late in the day, so I'm sure your visit already occurred and it went great. It's only a matter of time before you're in the pool.
Post a Comment