Wednesday, August 20, 2008

On the website!

Well, we are officially a "waiting family" on our agency's website!!! That's really the official final step in paperwork/interview/application/approval phase. We are officially waiting.

I debated whether to link to our site or not. But so many of you I've never met and I know would love to see our brief profile. This is not the gigantic profile book, nor is it all of the "black and white" profile with some of our essay questions, further interests, and family philosophy. This doesn't go over the home safety check, or the hundreds of questions we answered about our childhoods and our families, our pets and our friends, our careers and our church. It's one simple moment of who we are.

Click here and at the bottom of the page you'll see "Meet Our Waiting Families". Click there and it will take you to pages of families. Keep clicking through to the next page. We're on the last page, last picture (since we're the newest addition). The pic is the same as the one on this website. Click that photo and our profile pops up with three pics and our Birthparent letter. Click on that and a PDF file will pop up and now you can read our hearts.

Hope you like it and I hope it helps you feel connected to us in another way. Leave a comment if you have any questions or suggestions.

Thank you all so much for your love, support, and interest. Especially those who have never met us but pray for us anyway. You mean so, so much.

Get excited! We are....we're official! No going back now!!

11 comments:

Emily said...

I would totally choose you.

Nancy said...

Congratulations on becoming official! I know it's only a matter of time. I think the web page looks great too.

Melanie said...

Thank you for sharing with us. Your letter was very good representaion of the two of you!

Elizabeth said...

Hehe. I love the fact that in each of your photos on the website you're standing on the same side of John. Nathan and I stand the same way too. Congrats!!

not so zen momma said...

I love it!

Yoka said...

Great profile!!! It won't be long...

Audrey said...

Beautifully done! I can tell you poured your heart and soul into it. I agree it is a perfect representation of who you guys really are. Get excited? I AM!

Prayers for you guys!

Becky said...

Congrats! Looks great!!!

Anonymous said...

Great letter! I have two suggestions. One, our social worker told us to begin our letter "Dear Special People" instead of "Dear Birthmother" because you don't want to "turn off" the birthfather if he's reading too. Second, I disagree with Elizabeth about the pictures...I think you might want to consider including some pictures that aren't the exact same pose? Don't mean to be critical, just helpful! Good luck!!

Karen (Clio) --I'm using a friend's laptop right now :)

Rebekah said...

Sorry for the belated comment--I'm catching up!

YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got posted to our agency website today! Doesn't it feel good? Your pictures look great and I love how your agency has it setup. You guys look fun!

Melba said...

YAY, congratulations! I've apparently been living under a rock and just found your blog, but I'm VERY happy for you!!

Melba