Sunday, August 17, 2008

Books

Any recommendations on parenting books? Now that we're through with the paperwork I figure it's probably time to think about, um you know, raising kids. You know...what to DO with them once they come home.

Whether it's "What to Expect the First Year" or some other great book you've found you can't live without....it's finally time to start preparing! Would love some good reading materials...

5 comments:

Emily said...

BABY 411! It is the BEST book I have found, by far. You can have my copy if you want. You can also have my 'What to Expect the First Year.'

There. Problem Solved.

It's what I do.

Anonymous said...

I'd recommend "Baby Bargains," which is about more than just how to get baby gear at the best price, it's also about using the baby gear to be a good parent, and "The Happiest Baby on the Block" because my best friend says it rocks for quieting newborn crying jags and the "Love and Logic" parenting books because the best behaved kids I know were raised by parents who teach "Love and Logic" courses (you can do a search online to see if there are courses starting up in your area...J and I are starting one soon).

Elizabeth said...

I second Baby Bargains!

Unknown said...

The best book you can have Jess is the tv guide to see what's on when you're rocking a fussy baby and don't want to sit in the dark! When Lynnea was tiny, Ryan would turn on NASCAR. The droning put both of them to sleep.

not so zen momma said...

The Happiest Baby on the Block... I was obsessed with swaddling, even practiced on the cat. No lie!