Friday, February 8, 2008

Bonding

Looking back to before we realized we would have fertility problems, I always thought that people who couldn't have a baby must find it incredibly difficult to see other people's babies. I thought it must be hard, they probably felt sorrow and resentment.

One of the things I've been incredibly grateful for is that I have never felt that way! Jealous, sure. Overwhelmed, of course! But I am so excited for all of my friends who have new babies. I'm excited to follow along in their pregnancies, learning more and more for my own miserable 10 months one day. I'm even more excited to meet their children.

I had the great pleasure of meeting and spending a little cuddle time with Dax last night. I think his parents are pretty proud, as his mommy kept saying "yeah, I think he's pretty cute". And he was!!

I've mentioned it on my other blog, but visiting people in the hospital is not my thing. I love bringing them expensive takeout and spending one-on-one time with parents and baby. It's a little less overwhelming for all involved and it allows me to spend ample time getting to know the newbie.

So, thanks to those that let me come over and snuggle with your kiddos. And remember me one day, and I'll be glad to have you over to do the same with mine!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Ok, I made you come see me at the hospital. Now I feel bad.

And I'm pretty sure the dumb pediatrician made you help him get Kendall dressed.

Crap.

And am I dreaming or did you have a song leader post on your other board and now its gone.

Jessica said...

You didn't make me come see you! I wanted to, and I brought back-up in case it got too weird. But it didn't! You were very cool and comfortable and it was an honor to help get Kendall dressed. Even though I'm pretty sure you redressed her later!

It's a general rule I follow, open to exceptions, of course!