Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What's in a name?

Our first order of business as "completed homestudy packet couple" was to admit very honestly that we don't like the names we'd decided on a long time ago. Funny how that works.

So it's back to the drawing board. Why don't babies come with names, just like when you picked them out of the Cabbage Patch?

Anyone know of a good Baby Name book we can look at? Last one we had was very new-age...

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Why does my big mouth always get me in trouble?! I blame John. I had to retaliate because John made fun of my fave baby name. For what it's worth, I really really liked your girl name!

Pam said...

I don't know about books, but I have plenty of names in the arsenal, especially girl names... seeing as how I never got to use one of them. I might as well share... any preference on initals or anything wierd like that? I'll get back to you with some of my faves. :)

Melanie said...

I have several name books you can HAVE. We are not going to need them. Just let me know.

Jessica said...

Liz, you had nothing to do with the change! And our girl name isn't totally off the list, still in consideration.

I would love both the ideas and the books. Mel - bring the books to church on Sunday if you don't mind! Pam - e-mail me!

Emily said...

What?! I've already sent stuff to be monogrammed!!

glenna marshall said...

We had a boy's name all picked out, but when we were on our way to meet our birthmother for the first time (she was still pregnant with our son), we completely changed our mind, for some reason. And that is why Isaiah is Isaiah and not Aidan. :)
You still may change your mind after you meet your birthfamily or even after meeting the baby.

Anonymous said...

I have a ton of names for you! just ask and I will reveal them to you. No more kids thus far or in the near future for me. struggling with my oldest with a lot and I am not sure what to do. Need some encouragement and just prayer that things go well. I am so happy for you that all the paperwork is done!

Jessica said...

Yes, please share the names! You've got my e-mail, right? It's flutterby417 at yahoo dot com.

Becky said...

This is funny as I can so relate! We thought we had our children's names nailed down! Then, after 7 yrs. of trying, when the adoption process started, we didn't like or want to use any of them!! HA!