Saturday, July 12, 2008

Our First Gift

Last night our friend Aimee presented us with our first baby gift! More of a "congratulations on getting the paperwork completed and interviews scheduled" gift, but it warmed my heart anyway.

We're not totally ready to fill this house with baby stuff, but this was a nice start. I hung it on the wall next to our dresser, so we'll see it every morning and know we're that much closer.

Thanks, Aimee, for getting us started!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Two of my girlfriends bought me small "Mother's Day" gifts, this year. They touched me so deeply! It was like "YES! This is happening, we have hope, and others are excited!" I'm glad you have sweet friendships to encourage you in the same way!!

(Thanks for the comment on my blog! I'm glad we can walk through this together!!)

Becky said...

Hi! I found you through Rebekah's blog, I have been following her journey. I am an adoptive mom of 2 and have been where you are!
It's so exciting! What sweet friends you have to buy you this gift that will mean so much!I hope I can keep checking on you!!
Blessings!