Tuesday, July 29, 2008

How the interviews went

Well, the interviews went very well. Much easier than we thought it would be, really nothing to worry about. All the questions were about our childhood and our marriage, our families, our church.

It took a little longer than the 45 minutes each we expected. In fact, John went first and it ran long, so I was starting to get a little antsy. So he worked with our caseworker, and she came out to tell me I needed to come back to the room....there were discrepancies and we needed to get some clarification.

It was all a big joke but I was a nervous wreck! What did John say? What was he thinking? What did she ask? But they were just joking with me. Soon he left, I got through my interview and it was over. Afterwards when John and I were talking about our answers...well, she must have thought we'd seen the questions and scripted everything because our answers were the same! In fact, she told me at the end that we obviously have very good communication in our marriage!

She will be here next Thursday for our home visit. And then...we wait.

She did let me know that they had 4 births this month, but do not have any birthmothers that they are currently working with. So it could be a while. I appreciated the info, helps me prepare myself for a long wait....which we knew was a likely possibility.

Anyway, things are good! I'm off to Chicago for a few days for work, and I'll be back soon. Thanks for ALL the prayers and thoughts and wishes...they helped a lot getting through yesterday!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

I would have freaked out to at the word "discrepancies"! How funny! We just had our home visit on Sunday. It was much easier than I anticipated. Our CW was only there for an hour. She barely looked around--we spent most of the time talking. You'll do great!

Pam said...

Silly ol' John! Glad all went well. I'm so excited for you!

Becky said...

So glad it went well and is over. I hated those individual interviews but, we must have done OK ourselves!!