Monday, July 7, 2008

Finished

Over 60 pages, a few tearful nights of frustration, more nagging than we can count and we are DONE WITH THE PAPERWORK! I even turned it in this morning, hand-delivered to our agency. They were impressed because it was "so quick" but it seems like forever to me. I told them we'd been waiting a long time...we weren't about to drag our feet on the paperwork.

Reference letters will go out this week, then interviews will be scheduled. Don't ask me how long that will take! I don't know, all I know is that now...our part is done. Paperwork is done. As you can see from the photos, it was quite an undertaking. Almost as thick as a quarter! And I even gave you an idea of what the checklist looks like. I really love lists with boxes to check when completed!

Anyway, prayers now that 1) we did it right, 2) our references prayerfully complete their forms in a "timely" manner, 3) that our interviews happen soon and 4) that we are approved.

Today, however, is not a day to worry. Today is a celebration that began with lunch at Taco Bueno to pat myself on the back and will end in Norman drinking coffee with old friends. Oh, and a kiss to my diligent and supportive husband because, well, he helped too!




4 comments:

Melanie said...

That amount of paper work is crazy! Fter seeing it in perspective, I am even more impressed with how fast you guys completed it

Aubrey said...

Congratulations!!! I am so proud/happy/impressed with and for you guys! I'm sure it is a huge burden lifted to have that turned in!! Now we just pray! I can't wait to meet your baby! We'll have to go out and celebrate very soon!

Michele said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you

glenna marshall said...

oh my, i have similar pictures of all that crazy paperwork! congrats on being done! it's a HUGE weight off your shoulders, isn't it? Now all the work is in the SW's hands, not yours!