Sorry I haven't updated in a week. This blog is specifically about one part of my life, so I only update it when that part of my life is active. Everything else is on the original, mostly random Anderson Happenings.
To be quite honest with you, I withdrew from the whole experience the last week. I do that a lot. I get very wrapped up in the life-changing thing of the moment, I throw all my energy into it and learn about it and read about it. Then it all seems so overwhelming and I simply withdraw. Unplug. Step away.
I have to be honest, since things are in a holding pattern right now anyway, I've allowed myself to become very overwhelmed. I don't know any other word than overwhelmed to use. It's consuming and makes me very panicky. There is just SO MUCH.
We should be getting the letter/profile book guidelines and our fingerprint kit this week. We sent our check in for registration on Monday and those things will come once they receive it. I think that will help A LOT. Being able to actually do something is the goal. I hate to sit idle when so much is up in the air.
In the meantime, there are many questions to answer (follow-up to pt. 1 of Q&A) but today I will answer just a few simple, personal ones:
-------------------------
Q: Have you thought about names?
A: Yes! Of course. We thought about names, as every couple does, when we first started trying to have a baby. Other than a middle name here or there they have not changed in two years. That's commitment, people. It's not like the Annabelle or Felicity or Atticus phases I've been through. These names are keepers!
Just ask me if you want to know. John doesn't want me telling the whole internet world of 30 people that read this blog. So you can just ask me.
Q: Do you want a boy or a girl?
A: We're not really in a position to prefer, now, are we? I know...answering a question with a question is so annoying. But seriously, a healthy baby we can love and dip in chocolate for dessert is all we're really interested in.
Q: Will you set the nursery up before the baby comes home?
A: It would be so nice. I mean so wonderful for us to feel comfortable enough to put together a room right now. But we don't know when or even if we'll have someone to sleep there. I think it would only make us very sad and depressed to close off a beautiful room and let it gather dust. While we sincerely hope our baby comes soon, we also realize it may be years. That's plural. You wouldn't want to sit in an empty nursery for years, would you?
We may buy a few things here and there as we go. But likely we will buy basics (bassinet, car seat, bottles, diapers, blankets, jammies) once we are placed. And then when the baby comes home I'll put John to work painting and charging the credit card with a bunch of furniture he has to assemble.
Q: Will you have a baby shower?
A: Well, I certainly hope so. I've been to a lot of baby showers over the years, and I certainly wouldn't want to be left out of all that fun! Not expecting anything, but if you want to throw me one tell me when and where. I'll show up anywhere, anytime for onesies and pacifiers. The best part is that no one has to watch me open breast pumps or other nursing equipment. That would be really awkward, since even the word nipple is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me!
I have a really good friend who has already asked me about a shower. I do think I will wait to have baby showers until after the baby is home and officially, legally ours. Otherwise it's just devastating if it didn't work out.
Q: Is your family excited?
A: Heck, yeah. And if they aren't, they haven't mentioned it to me! John and I are so, so blessed with amazing families who are open and interested in what makes us complete. It's a new experience for both of our families, and I think it's an adventure they're all excited to be a part of.
At least I hope so, anyway...
-------------------------
That's all I'm in the mood for today. That was fun, since it didn't require fact spewing!
Prayer request for today: please pray that we can be patient and optimistic. Sometimes the strangest things will make us sad and then make us angry then make us very impatient. I think right now we just need patience. And hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
SO excited!! I can not wait for your baby to come home!! I especially can't wait to spoil him or her rotten!!
I remember your Atticus phase! I still like that name!
You WILL be having a baby shower! No question about it. Multiple ones, probably!
Whenever you're ready to start setting up that nursery, call me and I'll be there! I'd love to help paint/do whatever you need help with!
Can you tell I'm excited?!
Hi Jess
1. Please share your names with me...did you see my post on our short list of names? We have narrowed it down to 4 of each!
2. We haven't specified boy / girl either. We have however asked for a child under the age of 1 year. Just so that we get to experience the baby stage!
3. We have only started our nursery now. Our SW said that we would def get a baby this year. Before December. So we have started. We are doing it slowly and in stages. We bought a camp cot and bottles. Baby at least will have a place to sleep and food if the call comes quickly! We have decided that if it gets too much, we can close the door of the nursery...
4. You definitely need a baby shower. My mom, sister and I chatted about this and decided that it is best to have a Welcome Home baby shower. Then we have baby. We know the gender and size for diapers and clothes! There is a website that has the most awesome wording for shower invitations and welcome baby announcement cards especially for adoption!
5. I bet your family is excited! I'm excited and I'm not even family :)
Thank you for your kind words on my blog. It really helped...
Always there to help when you are feeling sad and overwhelmed...just mail me!
Have a Blessed Easter - keeping you and John in our prayers!
xxx
P.S. Hope you don't mind me sharing our experience and my thoughts to your post...if you do, please let me know :)
This "friend" you speak of about the baby shower better be ME!
I thought you had already decided on Anderson Anderson or Cooper Anderson. I told you that you could have our baby stuff if you need something on short notice. And I've already planned your shower by the way.
The boy or girl question was a surprise each time I was asked. Not many people get to pick, do they? And would I turn down a situation that wasn't my preference (if I had one)? Not on your life.
I know, though, that people are just supporting us in the ways they know how.
I vote for Cooper Anderson. Umm, you will need a breast pump to support your decision to induce lactation. (What good is the internet if you can't spread some rumors) And you will have a Bladcox shower!
Post a Comment