Friday, March 7, 2008

Suitable Parental Candidates

Just a short, quick post to let you know we received approval to move forward with the agency we'd hoped. They have invited us to their June seminar (good sign--means they like us enough to work with us!).

We will still have to pass background checks, interviews, reference checks and home studies....but it's the first step and we officially have an agency!

More to come, but an exciting step nonetheless. There won't be too many more before June!

Prayer request for today: pray that we can identify and complete as many steps as possible before the June seminar, which will speed up our efforts after that training. There are several things we can't do until after that session, but we want to do as much as possible before.

And, our constant prayer is for the safety and hearts of the birthparents we know are out there. And for a healthy development of our baby, whenever that might be!

5 comments:

Pam said...

That's great news! Of course, we expected as much. I am getting so excited for you... I just know it won't be long before you have a beautiful baby in your arms!

Audrey said...

June will be here before you know it. Seriously, it's already March! Praying!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica,
I'm so happy for you. We think about you guys every day. I'm hoping (and praying) this is the best year for us all!

I found this verse posted on another adoption blog and it gave me so much peace (and absolutely reduced me to tears).

"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day." Habakkuk 2:3

Take it to heart; God knows what he's doing.

Natalie said...

Will definitely keep you and your hubby in our prayers...

Lots of love
Nats

Aubrey said...

Sorry I'm just now catching up on my blogs....

I am SOOO excited for you guys! You're on your way!!!