Monday, May 5, 2008

Friends

God always knows just what I need, and knows just when to send in some reinforcements.

John and I spent this weekend with some amazing new friends, all who are enjoying the fruits of their adoption labor, and had a chance to talk openly, honestly, and inquisitvely about this adventure. It was refreshing, fun, lots of laughter, a few tears, and a great sense of knowing we're on the right path. And that it's a path that will bring us more joy than we can comprehend at this moment.

I encourage everyone who can to share their struggles and joys with others. And if you're currently suffering with something--network. Reach out. Explore blogs, talk to friends. I have found more relief and more joy in networking with people who have come out the other side of infertility and beginning of adoption. They have graciously shared their experiences, offered prayers and support, and at this point I can't imagine where I'd be without those who have been there. So many people, and it makes me remember the good that can come out of it.

They remind me that this is not a coincidence. God has a plan, a path for me and John. He's chosen us for this because he knows we are capable of handling it and he wants us to share and support others. My prayer these days continues to be for peace and that we can be inspiration and support for someone later on. Long after our happily ever after has begun.

No comments: